In our Colorado Beginner Angler’s Class we will teach you: How to Fly Fish
Students will learn: How to Fly Fish in our Colorado Beginner Angler’s Class: Have you ever wanted to learn how to fly fish? Our fly fishing for beginner class can help with that. All Rocky Mountain Adventures and Liarflies fly fishing guides are certified teachers. With access to local waters our guides will instruct you in the fly fishing basics. This class is designed to cut 5 years off the learning curve. All of our beginner fly fishing classes are taught on the water where the fish are actually at. By teaching this class on the water students will learn the nuances of the sport that cannot be taught on grass at a park. These classes can be conducted on the Cache la Poudre near Fort Collins, Colorado, the Big Thompson near Loveland, Colorado and Estes Park, Colorado as well as in the Rocky Mountain National Park. This fly fishing lesson is 6 hours in length. Lunch will be provided. Beginner Angler’s Class Cost: $115. For more information please visit www.shoprma.com or call us at 800.858.6808. A Colorado fishing license is required for the Beginner Fly Fishing Class.
We will teach you :
- Presentation : How to mend fly line and present the fly to the fish
- Knots : How to tie required fly fishing knots for leaders, tippet and fly attachment.
- Reading Water : Where trout live, why they live there, and how to fish riffles, pocket water and meanders.
- Nymphing : Techniques to increase your catch rates on any river you fish.
- Dry Fly Techniques : How to effectively present dry flies to rising trout.
- Entomolgy: How to identify insects and the proper fly patterns to match.